Call Us: 870-836-5579


historic Camden Arkansas


Construction of the Post Office began on February 21, 1895, under the supervision of architect Asa S. Morgan with the expensive budget of $39,000; a great deal of money at the turn of the century. The stone and pressed brick is an outstanding example of Richardson Romanesque, a style uncommon in Arkansas, featuring exterior moldings and an impressive oriel window sheathed in copper overlooking the entranceway.

Shortly after its completion on March 31, 1896 the local press proclaimed that Camden, then population 5,000, was probably the smallest town in the United States with a federal government building. Camden, an important port on the Ouachita River, exported over twenty thousand bales of cotton per year and was the hub of a burgeoning lumber industry that operated in the dense Arkansas forests.


Located in the heart of downtown Camden, the Old Camden Post Office was built in the late 1800’s to service the bustling port city. In the early 1970's the building was scheduled to be demolished, but was saved in an effort that led to it being listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. It was then sold in 2010 and after an 18 month renovation the Old Camden Post Office was reborn as Postmasters Grill.

The restaurant has an amazing selection of tantalizing appetizers, salads, and extraordinary contemporary American Cuisine to pair with its award winning wine selection. Our chef's focus is on bringing you only the finest and freshest ingredients, sourced locally whenever possible. Postmasters Grill is the perfect spot for a romantic evening, business engagement, or relaxed dinner in our dining room, Coal Room, or on our patio. The outdoor patio features a professional sound stage for live music events during the warmer months.

Camden area venders

Postmasters Grill Restaurant Fine Dining Arkansas