Postmasters Grill History
Construction of the Post Office began on February 21, 1895, under the supervision of Asa Morgan with the pricey budget of $39,000 - a lot of money at the turn of the century. The stone and pressed brick is an outstanding example of the Richardson Romanesque style featuring exterior moldings, and an impressive oriel window sheathed in copper, overlooking the entranceway ornament structure.
In the early 70's the building was scheduled to be demolished, but was saved. It was sold in 2010 and after an 18 month long renovation and restoration, the Old Camden Post Office has been reborn as Postmasters Grill.